TRANSPORTATION: TAKE 3
BEGINNING WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 22, 2021
• Please choose whichever entrance you would like to use to enter the school campus (Main Street or Lakeview Avenue)
• All parent/guardian drop offs will occur in the middle school bus loop and the inner loop located within the middle school parking lot. Students from the inner loop will cross with a crossing guard at marked crosswalks. Drop off zones are indicated on the map as red shading.
• All bus drop-offs will occur in the high school bus loops. Do not drop students off at any high school entrances.
• All high school students driving to school should enter at the Events Entrance.
School Opening 2021
Please note that these are our plans based on our current situation. As conditions change, we will communicate updates on loosening or tightening our protocols.
In-Person Instruction Only
School will be provided using in-person instruction only. We do not plan to offer remote instruction. In the case of students who are confirmed for quarantine and have an extended time out of school, we plan to provide 2 hours of online instruction per day, five days per week, after school hours. This will only be provided for quarantine or medically excused students for extended absences.
The high school is one-to-one this year with a Chromebook provided for each of our students. As such, we will be moving away from allowing students to bring their own devices to connect to our network. The "Fredonia Central School District Calculator and Chromebook Loan Form" is available at the high school office and is also available to download on our website (See below to download).
Late Arrivals/Early Dismissals
All students arriving to school late or leaving school early should do so using the Main Entrance to the High School. Students must sign in/out at the High School Office and should have a written excuse with relevant information: student name, date, time, excuse, and parent/guardian signature.
Students Being Driven to School
High school students who are driven to school and dropped off by parents should be dropped off at the MAIN HIGH SCHOOL ENTRANCE or the EVENTS ENTRANCE. Students will be permitted to enter the building at 7:20 am. If you are also dropping off middle school students, please use the EVENTS ENTRANCE drop off location. When dropping off, please pull as far forward as possible to reduce the back-up of traffic. No traffic should be in the back of the campus (near the middle school) as that is where all busses will be dropping off. Thank you for your cooperation and attention to safety in the parking lot for all of our Fredonia family.
Students Taking the Bus
All students taking the bus to school will be dropped off at the Middle School Main Entrance. Students will disembark from busses to enter the school at 7:30 am.
Students Who Drive Themselves, Walk, or Ride Bikes
Students in this category should use the EVENTS ENTRANCE only and will be allowed entrance to the building at 7:20 am. Student Drivers should park in the large lot near the EVENTS entrance. Student Drivers need to register for a parking permit in the high school office. There is a $2 charge for a parking permit.
A Word About Masks and Safety
Safety is always the top priority for our students, staff, and visitors. All students, staff, and visitors will be expected to wear masks inside the building and maintain 3ft social distancing guidelines. Those in the building will be allowed to remove masks for eating purposes while maintaining 3ft distance. We are developing a mask break procedure to be utilized throughout the day. Students who refuse to be compliant with mask and/or safety procedures cannot stay in the general population of the school building and may be sent home. Repeated lack of compliance can result in having to choose an alternate option for instruction until mask guidelines are modified or lifted.
Daily COVID Screening Survey
We no longer need to complete the daily screening surveys. If they become necessary in the future, the district will communicate the protocol to families.
Visitors and School Security
- The Board of Education encourages parents and other district citizens to visit the school. Since the school building is a place of work and learning, certain limits are set for visitors. Anyone who is not a staff member or student is considered a visitor.
- School doors are locked during school hours. To enter the building, visitors must use the main entrance at each grade level and press a buzzer, located near the door, to be let in to the entryway.
- Upon entering, ALL visitors will be required to present a valid government-issued picture ID (such as a driver's license or passport) at the check-in window. If our security system returns a clean background check, a visitor badge will be provided, which must be worn during the duration of that visitor’s visit.
- Upon leaving the building, visitors should sign out in the same office where they signed in and return their visitor's badge.
- During school hours, no admittance to the building will be granted without presenting a valid government-issued ID.
Home of the Hillbillies!Fredonia High School425 East Main StreetFredonia, New York 14063Phone: (716) 679-1581, extension 2710FAX: (716) 672-8687Hours of Student Attendance:7:40 am to 3:00 pmHigh School Office Hours:7:30 am to 4:00 pm