Welcome to the Fredonia Central School District! We look forward to working with you as a member of our school community. All new and returning students are now registered through our centralized registration process. Registrations are now completed by appointment and the parent/guardian of the student must come to the Wheelock Building office to complete the registration.
Please call to schedule an appointment and bring the following documents. You do not need to bring your children to this appointment.
- Birth Certificate or Passport (student)
- Immunization Record (student)
- Proof of Residency (see below)
- Identification (mother/father or legal guardian)
- Custody Papers (if applicable)
- Name, address and FAX number of previous school
- Most Recent Report Card
- Special Education Records (if applicable)
During the registration appointment you will be asked to give information that will be recorded on Fredonia Central School District registration forms. These forms include a confidential form, race and ethnicity form, home language questionnaire, student residency questionnaire, McKinney-Vento Act questionnaire, health forms, bus information form, special education temporary placement form (if necessary), the initial screening notification, WinSNAP form and the free and reduced meal application. You will also be asked to sign a Records Release form so that the district can request information from previously attended schools.
Fredonia Central School District Central Registration Office is located:
Wheelock Building, 75 Chestnut Street, Fredonia, NY 14063
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Phone: (716) 679-0002
FAX: (716) 679-0007
Contact Person: Mrs. Sylvia Rowe
If you would like to register a student, please call the Central Registration Office to make an appointment.
Our goal is to provide high-quality education for school-age children residing in the District. In order to ensure your child meets the age and residency requirements, we ask that you provide relevant documentation.
Please know that the District is committed to enrolling children as quickly as possible and will work closely with parents and persons in parental relation to children to obtain all necessary documentation.
If you have any questions about registering your child, or if you have difficulty supplying the necessary information, please call the Registration Office for assistance.
Proof of Residency
The documentation for proof of residency must have the name and address of the parent or guardian. Utility bills must be dated no more than 30 days prior to the date of registration.
- Copy of a lease, deed, property tax bill or mortgage statement.
- Statement from a landlord or property owner and one of the following:
- Utility bill for that address
- Rent receipt
- Bank statement
- Government issued documents/identification
- Current payroll check
- Social Security statement
- Driver's license
- Post Office change of address verification
- Other forms of documentation may be acceptable if considered appropriate