End of the Year Activities and Important DatesAs we prepare to close out the 2021-2022 school year, there are several activities (especially for our seniors) and important dates to keep in mind. Please see below for a general flyer on key senior activities, the "Senior Packet" with more detailed information that is given to all seniors, and a list of important dates for the fourth quarter.We look forward to an exciting end to the school year but remind all students and families that taking good care of ourselves - physically and mentally - is critical to academic success and the ability to participate and purposefully add to our celebrations of our students' successes.Congratulations to the Class of 2022!-Mr. Paschke
Fredonia High School 2022
Please note that these are our plans based on our current situation. As conditions change, we will communicate updates on loosening or tightening our protocols.
In-Person Instruction Only
School will be provided using in-person instruction only. We do not plan to offer remote instruction. In the case of students who are confirmed for quarantine or isolation and have an extended time out of school, teachers will be notified of the absence (not the reason). Lessons/work will be made available to these students and students should communicate with teachers about the possibility of zooming during after school help.
The high school is one-to-one this year with a Chromebook provided for each of our students. As such, we will be moving away from allowing students to bring their own devices to connect to our network. The "Fredonia Central School District Calculator and Chromebook Loan Form" is available at the high school office and is also available to download on our website (See below to download).
Late Arrivals/Early Dismissals
All students arriving to school late or leaving school early should do so using the Main Entrance to the High School. Students must sign in/out at the High School Office and should have a written excuse with relevant information: student name, date, time, excuse, and parent/guardian signature.
Students Being Driven to School
High school students (and middle school students) who are driven to school and dropped off by parents should be dropped off at the Middle School Entrance. Students will be permitted to enter the building at 7:20 am. Please do not drop off students in the high school parking lot near the main HS entrance. Thank you for your cooperation and attention to safety for all of our Fredonia families.
Students Taking the Bus
All students taking the bus to school will be dropped off at the High School Main Entrance. Students will disembark from buses to enter the school at 7:30 am.
Students Who Drive Themselves, Walk, or Ride Bikes
Students in this category should use the EVENTS ENTRANCE only and will be allowed entrance to the building at 7:20 am. Student Drivers should park in the large lot near the EVENTS entrance. Student Drivers need to register for a parking permit in the high school office. There is a $2 charge for a parking permit.
A Word About Masks and Safety
Safety is always the top priority for our students, staff, and visitors. All students, staff, and visitors will now have the OPTION to wear masks inside the building and maintain 3ft social distancing guidelines. Masking is no longer mandatory. This website will be updated to reflect changes in masking procedures should they occur.
Daily COVID Screening Survey
We no longer need to complete the daily screening surveys. If they become necessary in the future, the district will communicate the protocol to families.
Visitors and School Security
- The Board of Education encourages parents and other district citizens to visit the school. Since the school building is a place of work and learning, certain limits are set for visitors. Anyone who is not a staff member or student is considered a visitor.
- School doors are locked during school hours. To enter the building, visitors must use the main entrance at each grade level and press a buzzer, located near the door, to be let in to the entryway.
- Upon entering, ALL visitors will be required to present a valid government-issued picture ID (such as a driver's license or passport) at the check-in window. If our security system returns a clean background check, a visitor badge will be provided, which must be worn during the duration of that visitor’s visit.
- Upon leaving the building, visitors should sign out in the same office where they signed in and return their visitor's badge.
- During school hours, no admittance to the building will be granted without presenting a valid government-issued ID.
TRANSPORTATION: TAKE 3
BEGINNING WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 22, 2021
• Please choose whichever entrance you would like to use to enter the school campus (Main Street or Lakeview Avenue)
• All parent/guardian drop offs will occur in the middle school bus loop and the inner loop located within the middle school parking lot. Students from the inner loop will cross with a crossing guard at marked crosswalks. Drop off zones are indicated on the map as red shading.
• All bus drop-offs will occur in the high school bus loops. Do not drop students off at any high school entrances.
• All high school students driving to school should enter at the Events Entrance.
Home of the Hillbillies!Fredonia High School425 East Main StreetFredonia, New York 14063Phone: (716) 679-1581, extension 2710FAX: (716) 672-8687Hours of Student Attendance:7:40 am to 3:00 pmHigh School Office Hours:7:30 am to 4:00 pm
High School Contacts
Mr. Darrin Paschke
High School Principal
Mr. Greg Lauer
Mrs. Melanie Mann
High School Office Secretary
Mrs. Stacy Levulis
High School Office Secretary