The Fredonia Central School District serves the Village of Fredonia and the immediate surrounding rural area, including the Town of Pomfret. It is a community of approximately 11,000 residents.The district is located in the southwestern corner of New York State in Chautauqua County, approximately 50 miles southwest of Buffalo and over 400 miles west of New York City. It is the home of the State University of New York (SUNY) College at Fredonia, with an enrollment of over 5,000 students.Total enrollment for the Fredonia Central School District is approximately 1,400 students in grades K-12.
The District Board Policy regarding Code of Conduct on School Property is provided for your review.
District Office Visitors and Security
- The Board of Education encourages parents and other district citizens to visit the school. Since the school building is a place of work and learning, certain limits are set for visitors. Anyone who is not a staff member or student is considered a visitor.
- School doors are locked during school hours. To enter the District Office, visitors must use the District Office entrance and press the buzzer, located near the door, to be let in to the entryway.
- Upon entering, ALL visitors will be required to present a valid government-issued picture ID (such as a driver's license or passport). If our security system returns a clean background check, a visitor badge will be provided, which must be worn during the duration of that visitor’s visit.
- Upon leaving the building, visitors should sign out in the same office where they signed in and return their visitor's badge.
- During school hours, no admittance to the building will be granted without presenting a valid government-issued ID.
Brad Zilliox, Ed. D.
Margie Wright, Ed. D.
Chief Officer for Curriculum
& Human Resources
Secretary to the Superintendent/District Clerk
District Office Secretary