A MESSAGE FROM DR. BRAD ZILLIOX, SUPERINTENDENT
Dear Fredonia School Community,
I hope this message finds you well as we begin to experience some warmer weather. On behalf of our entire district, we hope that everyone had a safe and relaxing Spring break while enjoying time with family and friends.
We would also like to thank all those attached to our district for getting us to this point in the year. We fully appreciate all the time, effort and dedication from our students, staff, faculty, administration, parents/guardians, extended family, community members, and Board of Education.
There have been several events over the past month that remind us all of the positive things happening across the district at any one time. Some examples include:
- Our phenomenal HS musical, All Shook Up
- The student-published Spectator recently won the NY Press Association's Best HS Newspaper in NY State award for the fourth year in a row
- The announcement of our Class of 2022 Valedictorian EvaRose Wienke and Salutatorian Erin Schrantz
- Innovative curriculum happening in our classrooms, such as Mr. Kuch’s examination of literary themes through video games, Mr. Denz’s guest speaker Nicholas Leibovic, a gentleman with direct experience in the Holocaust, our elementary Arctic project in Mrs. Walzer-Meehl’s classroom, and the focus on utilizing our outdoor classroom at the Wheelock Early Childhood Center
- The return of spring sports, including our Unified Basketball program
- A focus on student and staff mental health through our recent #SameHere presentations and workshops
- Building-level personnel and students presenting at Board of Education meetings regarding our instructional program
- Continued collaboration and partnership with SUNY Fredonia with student teachers in many of our classrooms throughout the district, as well as other collaborative efforts between our students and SUNY Fredonia students
- Involvement in community service projects like the Community Clean Up Day this past weekend
- Donations totaling over $1500 collected for the Ukrainian American Freedom Fund
It is great to see FCSD showcasing our talents, skills, and abilities in a variety of different formats. We also appreciate the time and efforts for the adults attached to our district to offer innovative, global, and dynamic learning experiences for our students.
Thanks to all for supporting our district and making it a great place to work and learn. Please continue to reach out to us directly with any questions, concerns, or ideas.
We have much to look forward to in the coming weeks as we anticipate a positive and productive end to the school year. In the meantime, feel free to contact our offices at any time with questions, concerns, or ideas.
Brad Zilliox, Ed. D.