Sports and Physical Education Participation

  • Any student who wants to participate in an extracurricular sport must have an up to date physical examination form on file in the health office in order to participate in a sport. Information from the State Education Department states: "The results of the physical shall be valid for a period of 12 months through the last day of the month in which the physical was conducted....If the 12 month period expires during a sports season,the student may complete that sports season as long as an interval health history was conducted before the start of the season..Please remember that the sports season includes tryouts."

    All students who want to participate on any interscholastic sports team must complete an Interscholastic Athletic Parent/Guardian Student Athlete Agreement Contract and Permission Document. This form must be signed by both the student and his/her parent/guardian and returned to the Health Office before participation is allowed.