A student who flagrantly abuses bus rules will jeopardize his privilege of riding a school bus. Bus conduct reports filed by school bus drivers will be sent to the school principal who, in turn, will meet with the student(s) cited and contact parents as necessary. As a matter of general policy, three or more bus violations will result in a student’s suspension from the bus for a period of time. Serious violations will lead to an immediate and automatic suspension. In the event of a suspension assignment, the responsibility for a student’s transportation to and from school shall reside with his parents.
School bus reports may be filed for the infractions noted below.
- Violation of Safety Procedures
- Writing on or Defacing Bus Equipment
- Rude-Discourteous-Annoying Behavior
Students are reminded to exercise appropriate caution about the articles they carry on their school bus. Oversized articles and articles with sharp edges or points pose hazards to everyone who rides the bus and cannot be permitted; glass containers are prohibited.
If you need additional information about your child’s bus transportation…
- Call 679-1581, ex. 2440 (Mr. Stearns) with questions and concerns about elementary student contact/special student needs.
- Call 679-1781, ex. 2430 (Ms. Maslakowski) with questions and concerns about middle school student contact/special student needs.
- Call 679-1581, ex. 2710 (Mr. Parker) with questions and concerns about high school student contact/special student needs.
- Call 679-1581, ex. 2760 (Mr. Forbes) with questions and concerns about bus routes, bus policies, and bus drivers.
- Call 672-5141 (First Student Bus Co.) for general information about the transportation program.