Fan Sportsmanship Initiative
Be Loud, Be Proud, Be Positive!
What does the Fredonia Central School mean by "Fan Sportsmanship?"
Go Hillbillies! Be Loud, Be Proud, Be Positive!
- Cheer for your team, not against the visitors.
- Don’t get personal in your comments about players, coaches, or officials.
- No profanity, vulgarity, racist, or sexist comments.
- Give players, coaches, and officials their space by keeping away from the playing area and team bench areas.
- A “no tolerance” policy for smoking on school grounds is in effect at all contests.
- A “no tolerance” policy for alcohol/drug use by athletes is in effect throughout the season.
The FCSD Fan Sportsmanship Initiative was created in 2005 as a direct result of actions taken by Mrs. Tammy Rea, who was the Athletic Director at that time. While at a Pitt-Bradford basketball game she noticed a large poster hanging in their gym that read, "Be Loud, Be Proud, Be Positive!," plus there was a printed page in the program about this initiative. After contacting the Commissioner of the AMCC, Mrs. Rea received permission to use the slogan. "I believe this is a simple yet decisive message. I would like to use it as the backbone of our sportsmanship policy," stated Mrs. Rea.